Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Burny Mattinson -- The First 55 Years Are the Toughest

Burny Mattinson

We would be remiss in not noting the dinner held at the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena on Friday honoring longtime Disney employees.

Burny Mattinson, who's done almost everything that can be done at the Disney Animation Studio and worked with almost everybody, was honored with his fifty-five-years-and counting trophy. This comes on top of his Disney Legends nod (albeit with a misspelled last name on the website).

I posted in greater detail about Burny in August, and there's a podcast from Clay Kaytis' website, so I'll just add my congratulations on his award, and his astonishing longevity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why Burny never directed another film. I loved The Great Mouse Detective.

Tim said...

But he did direct "Mickey's Christmas Carol".

Site Meter