Friday, March 16, 2012

Converting for Dollars

So here's a surprise: Jurassic Park is getting retrofitted with genuine imitation Three Dee.

... “I’m not a huge proponent of post-conversion,” said Jurassic’s producer Kathleen Kennedy, “but I think if the filmmaker gets intricately involved in the post-conversion then I think it can be really, really good. I think Jurassic Park is a perfect example of a movie that could work really, really well as a 3D picture.” ...

This is Kathleen speak for: "While I'm not a fan of 2-D to 3-D conversions, I'm a HUGE fan of more money. Therefore, I applaud changing "JP" into a dimensional movie."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies and I'd love to see it on the big screen again... even if it is in 3D! Half the theaters in my town show 2D showings as well so I may just skip the 3D and just see it in all it's 2D glory.

Anonymous said...

I doubt they will show the new release of JP in 2D, because it will only be made in 3D.

Just like there were no 2D screenings of "Beauty and the Beast 3D" in 2D. Makes no sense.

Are new 3D movies also released in 2D? Yes. But Re-releases of old movies in 3D are not

Anonymous said...

What? I'm fairly sure the AMC in Burbank had some 2d showings of Beauty and the Beast, same as Lion King. (they were however, only in the middle of the day. :/)

Anonymous said...

Just like there were no 2D screenings of "Beauty and the Beast 3D" in 2D. Makes no sense.

Umm... there were 2D showings of Lion King and Beauty and the Beast where I live. I went and saw Beauty in 2D.

Anonymous said...

You saw "Beauty and the Beast 3D" in 2D?

Im so fucking confused.

Anonymous said...

John carter is all fake 3D too.

Anonymous said...

You saw "Beauty and the Beast 3D" in 2D?

I saw Beauty and the Beast in 2D. Several theaters in my area had 2D showings as well as 3D.

What's so confusing?

Anonymous said...

Any theater that is showing a film in 3D can show them in 2D if they want - and a lot of them do to sooth the scorn of the folks who hate 3D.

It's not like they have a print of the film - if they're showing a film in 3D, it's a digital copy; remove one of the overlapping layers when projecting it and you've got yourself a 2D screening.

Site Meter